Sd Kfz 131 Marder II
The second of the Panzers, the Pz Kpfw II was designed in the early 1930s. Following its use during the early years of WWII, the obsolete chassis of Ausf A to Ausf C were converted to mount the 75mm Pak40 anti tank gun. The Marder II was produced by FAMO, MAN and Daimler-Benz with 576 produced between June 1942 and mid 1943. The conversion added a open topped fighting compartment to the hull and a 75mm Pak40 was mounted. Marder II were allocated to Panzerjaeger detachments from July 1942.